In order to prevent global warming, all employees will work as one to promote the following policies and cut CO2 emissions.
(1) Management of air conditioning temperature settings
To help prevent global warming, we support the popular movement “Challenge 25 Campaign,” endeavor to set office environment cooling settings to 28°C or higher and heating settings to a maximum of 22°C, and are working to implement the Cool Biz and Warm Biz initiatives in summer and winter, respectively.
(2) Power economizing for company lighting and lights
We are working to limit the use of lighting and lights by switching off any illumination sources that are not required for business activities at any given time.
(3) Limiting power consumption by establishing days on which employees are to leave work at a designated time
We have established Wednesdays as days on which employees are to leave work at a designated time (“No Overtime Days”), and are working to limit power consumption by having all employees leave work at once.
(4) Energy saving settings for PC power sources
We are working to limit power consumption using energy saving mode settings for PCs and by powering off displays when away from one’s seat.
(5) Waste material reduction and recycling initiatives
We are working to reduce our carbon footprint during the waste disposal and recycling stages by reducing the amount of waste produced by our factories, improving the ratio of recycled resources used, etc.
(6) Initiatives in the product development stage
In order to use limited global energy resources as efficiently as possible, we are working to develop energy-saving (i.e. reducing their energy consumption, reducing them in size/weight) products.
(7) Improving production efficiency through “Manufacturing Reform”
We are working to improve production efficiency by reviewing product layouts and production methods in our production processes.